“Quick Fit” post number two. This week has a “sleep” theme, and also looks at keeping your Brain healthy, plant-based eating on a budget, and Happiness!
- Keep Your Brain Fit! This article examines several techniques to help and improve brain health. Most of which will benefit your body as well. A win-win! https://www.webmd.com/brain/features/keeping-your-brain-fit-for-life#3
- Sleep is critical to our body (and minds), this article provides an in-depth look at why sleep, why it’s so important, and strategies to improve and increase sleep. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/sleep-deprivation-and-deficiency
- Eating Plant-Based on a Budget. One of the biggest misconceptions about a plant-based diet is that it’s expensive…it doesn’t have to be…find out more in this article: https://foodrevolution.org/blog/eating-plant-based-on-a-budget/
- When can kids begin strength training? The general consensus is 7 or 8 years of age. However, parents should consult a professional and ensure that any strength training sessions are supervised, preferably by a professional (trainer, coach, etc). This Mayo Clinic article examines the benefits, when kids can start, and how to get started. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/tween-and-teen-health/in-depth/strength-training/art-20047758
- Happy Habits – https://fs.blog/knowledge-project/neil-pasricha/
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams, by Matthew Walker PhD. I’m in the midst of reading this book, and it’s very insightful and powerful. I actually can’t read it before bed, as it gives me sleep anxiety – how ironic is that? 🙂 https://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Sleep-Unlocking-Dreams/dp/1501144316
Recipe of the Week
- Pita Packets Stuffed with Broccoli and Tofu! Crispy, flaky Pita Packets with Broccoli and Tofu are a health nut’s dream. And a kid’s. https://holycowvegan.net/pita-packets-broccoli-tofu/
Quote of the Week
- “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” Henry David Thoreau
- Mattresses – Organic, Natural, and Non-Toxic – https://www.avocadogreenmattress.com. We have an Avocado, as well as each of our kids (after extensive online research). They’re great mattresses and we’d buy again. Each person differs in the sleep style and body type, so for peace-of-mind, they have a 1-year trial with free returns. They also have crib mattresses, bedding, and furniture!
- Animal Welfare Society (AWS) – AWS operates a progressive animal shelter and adoption centers. AWS’ life-saving community programs include Pets and Women to Safety, Paws in Stripes, Pawsitive Changes and Paws Across America. AWS’ services to the greater community include Youth Programs, Behavior and Training classes, spay/neuter assistance through the Cleo Fund. https://animalwelfaresociety.org/
- Charity Navigator Rating: 4 of 4 Stars
Leave a Reply